Monday, October 9, 2017

Pumpkin Spice

Grab yourself a pumpkin spice latte and let's craft!

I am ecstatic I was able to snag the Pumpkin Spice It Up stamp set from Simon Says Stamp and The Greeting Farm! This was my favorite stamp set released during Stamptember! Like look how cute these stamps are...

The Greeting Farm PUMPKIN SPICE IT UP Clear Stamps SSS101785 Stamptember Exclusive Preview Image

😍😍


I was really inspired by Nichol Spohr's card she made using this same set. Check out her card here.


I have been loving using the brick stencil by Tim Holtz. I loved the look of the brick background on Nichol's card and thought it would be fun to use here too. I wasn't originally planning on making a blog post about it since I was trying a lot of new techniques and I didn't think would work out. I was presently surprised when they actually did, though I had several hiccups along the way. So I apologize for not having color names for the products I used. I just really wanted to share because I am in love with these cute images!

I colored the images using Copic markers and the background and sentiment banner were done with Distress Inks.

I originally wanted to make a single layer card, mostly because I HATE fussy cutting. I used a masking technique to layer the images using post-it notes. However, when coloring the images one of the markers dripped so I had to fussy cut out the images and make a new background. It ended up being a lot easier than I thought it would. I just adhered everything with a tape runner. I added accents with a white gel pen, glossy accents on the glasses, wink of stella on the bow, and liquid pearls for the whipped topping on the coffee.





I LOVE this stamp set! I can't wait to make more cards with it! Let me know what you think!

Besos 💋
     ~Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday Card Fit For a Princess

Next month my beautiful niece is turning one! I cant believe it! For her birthday, her parents have asked for everyone to write a card for h...